Notes and Thoughts from:
“Public Relations: Writing and Media Techniques” by Dennis Wilcox
(I use the 5th edition, in case you see references to page numbers )
What I learned:
- Features are considered “soft news” rather than “hard news”
- Features may include: case studies, application stories, research studies, backgrounders, personality profiles, and historical pieces.
What Surprised me:
- The book states that wen writing a personality profile that you should not write in chronological order, suggesting more people are more interesting at age 40 than age 4.
- (pg 172)- I was surprised to see that the book suggest that you should discard a telephone number acronym in favor of numerals because it apparently makes it easier for the consumer to make a telephone call for more information
What I want to know more about:
- Who writes the examples in our book that demonstrate each type of these leads and story types?